Amazon Prime Day List for Actors
It’s no secret that Amazon’s Prime Day has become basically Christmas in July. Black Friday in July to be more precise.
I’ve been an affiliate for Amazon for a while and have seen some excellent deals have really helped actors over the years from self tape gear, to audiobooks, to videos and more. So I’ve decided to put them all on one list to make it easy when time is a factor and you’ve only got a few hours to score some great savings.
First things first – you need to be a Prime member. If you’re not, you can easily sign up here. You will get your first 30 days FREE! It’s been a HUUUUUGE advantage for me since the very beginning.
Here’s the list:
Self Tape Gear:
To this day the most popular blog post on ActorCEO.com is our list of the 7 best acting self tape tools under $20. I’ll list some of those below but also highlight gear from our audio list as well as our lighting list.
The top 5 are listed below.
- Shurtleff on Acting – Here author of Audition Michael Shurtleff give insight and instruction.
- Character – raw and candid dialogue about the life and craft of acting between longtime colleagues and friends Dabney Coleman, Peter Falk, Charles Grodin, Mark Rydell, Harry Dean Stanton and Sydney Pollack.
- Playing Shakespeare – What does it take to bring Shakespeare’s characters to life? How do today’s actors make his plays accessible and keep them fresh? Sit in on 9 acting workshops led by John Barton of the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- Looking for Richard – Al Pacino has a documentary film crew follow him as he works on a production of Shakespeare’s Richard III; conducting interviews with fellow actors and participating in dramatic scenes.
- Playing the Part – With unprecedented access to private albums and behind the scenes footage, Ian McKellen gives us his thoughts on coming out and being a leader for equality, his love of theatre, and his legendary roles as Gandalf, Magneto and Mr. Holmes.
It is said that manners are the lubricant to a civil society. Well, gifts are certainly a social lubricant in our industry of networking and relationship building. If you’ve got an agent, producer or casting office on your list to send a thank you, these gifts would be a great addition.